Addiction and mental health disorders affect millions of people across the country. Unfortunately, many of these people never seek professional treatment and feel the weight of these disorders. However, for those who make the courageous decision to reach out for help, there is a wide range of treatment programs that are available. One of these options is an intensive outpatient program (IOP). Some might wonder, “Is an intensive outpatient right for me?”
Our team at New Horizons Recovery has extensive knowledge and experience in helping our clients find the right program for them. We proudly provide an intensive outpatient program in New Castle, Pennsylvania for people who require our expertise to deal with addiction, mental health disorders, or both. Contact New Horizons Recovery online or at 267.435.3134 to learn more about the many benefits of an intensive outpatient program.
Is an Intensive Outpatient Program Right for Me?
An intensive outpatient program provides flexibility by providing therapy and treatment sessions during the day, and then clients are free to spend nights at home. This adaptability is attractive for those who want to maintain their responsibilities while still receiving much-needed care. However, an intensive outpatient program is not ideal for clients with severe addiction or who lack a strong support system at home. These factors increase the chance of a relapse exponentially. A residential treatment program would probably be a more practical option in that scenario.
Other ways to determine if an IOP is right for you include:
- You’ve already completed a residential treatment program.
- You want to expand your support network in recovery.
- You have work or family obligations that don’t allow you to enter into an IOP.
Benefits of an IOP
Many people recognize that there are many positive aspects of an intensive outpatient program.
Some IOP benefits include:
- Privacy – It can be challenging for some people to ask for time off from work to enter treatment. An intensive outpatient program allows clients to attend sessions during the day and keep their personal business private.
- Support for your family – An IOP helps people to keep up with their familial obligations.
- Build bonds – Group therapy is often part of an intensive outpatient program. These sessions help people not to feel isolated, build bonds with others, and create a support system for long-term recovery.
- Access to aftercare – Once a client completes an intensive outpatient program, they can enter into an aftercare program. An aftercare program helps people stay on the right track after treatment.
Other Programs at New Horizons Recovery
While there are many benefits of an intensive outpatient program, it isn’t effective for everyone. That’s why New Horizons Recovery provides additional programs for our clients so that each person in our care receives the exact level of treatment they need to set them up for long-term success in recovery.
Other programs at New Horizons Recovery include:
- Alcohol addiction rehab
- Alcohol detox
- Alumni program
- Benzo addiction rehab
- Cocaine addiction rehab
- Co-occurring rehab program
- Heroin addiction rehab
- Meth addiction rehab
- Opioid and opiate addiction rehab
- PHP (partial hospitalization program)
Learn More About an IOP at New Horizons Recovery Today
If you’re still asking the question, “Is an intensive outpatient program right for me?” reach out to our New Horizons Recovery team either online or call us at 267.435.3134. Our team is standing by to walk you through the admissions process and explore the various program available at our treatment center. Make today the day that you choose to start to heal from addiction and mental health disorders. Help is available, but the first step is up to you. Contact our New Horizons Recovery team today.