Over the past decade, the LGBTQ community has gained more acceptance and experienced more tolerance in this country. However, this community unfortunately still faces many challenges to fully being equal to other groups in society. One of the challenges is that people who are LGBTQ experience high rates of substance use and addiction. Further, there are addiction treatment centers that do not have LGBTQ programs that address the specific needs of that community.
At New Horizons Recovery, our LGBTQ addiction center is a place where people from all walks of life can receive high-quality treatment for addiction and mental health disorders. We are proud to provide LGBTQ-inclusive programs for people who are ready to overcome their addiction and embrace recovery. If you are interested in learning more about our addiction treatment and behavioral treatment programs in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, reach out to our friendly and caring New Horizons Recovery team today by calling 267.435.3134 or filling out our convenient online form.
Signs of Mental Health Disorders
Although there are many different mental health disorders with varying symptoms, there are some common signs that someone is experiencing mental health difficulties.
Some of these indicators include:
- Constantly feeling anxious or worried – It’s perfectly normal to feel anxiety from time to time, but if that feeling is constant and affects your everyday life, it might be best to seek professional help.
- Changes in sleep habits – If you are experiencing insomnia on a daily basis, it could be a sign of anxiety. Conversely, if you are sleeping too much, it could indicate depression.
- Self-medication – It is very common for people with undiagnosed mental health disorders to use drugs and alcohol to numb their emotional pain. Also, drug and alcohol use usually makes mental health disorders worse.
- Feeling hopeless or worthless – When people feel powerless, it can quickly lead down a path toward self-harm. It is crucial that those who feel this way know they aren’t alone and there are people who can help. If someone is in crisis, call 911 immediately.
- Sudden bursts of anger – Mood swings or sudden bursts of anger are common indications of an underlying mental health disorder.
Treatment Programs at New Horizons Recovery
At New Horizons Recovery, our LGBTQ-inclusive programs provide different levels of care so that each person receives exactly what they need to achieve long-term recovery.
The treatment programs at New Horizons Recovery include:
- Alcohol addiction rehab
- Alcohol detox
- Alumni program
- Benzo addiction rehab
- Cocaine addiction rehab
- Co-occurring rehab program
- Heroin addiction rehab
- IOP (intensive outpatient program)
- Meth addiction rehab
- Opioid and opiate addiction rehab
- PHP (partial hospitalization program)
If you’re unsure which of our many programs is right for you, don’t worry. Once you’re enrolled at New Horizons Recovery, our highly-qualified team of mental health professionals and addiction treatment experts will perform a thorough assessment of your physical and psychological well-being. We also create a record of relevant information, such as level of drug and alcohol use, medical history, and family history. Our team then collaborates with you to develop a treatment plan that is personalized for your specific needs in recovery.
Begin Your Healing Journey at New Horizons Recovery
New Horizons Recovery is a safe space where all of our clients are treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. We proudly provide LGBTQ people with an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome to pursue happiness in their lives and learn to lessen the effects of addiction and mental health disorders. If you or someone you care about might benefit from our LGBTQ-inclusive programs, contact New Horizons Recovery online or by calling 267.435.3134. Recovery is possible, but the first step is up to you. Reach out to our friendly and knowledgeable team today.